Logo personnalisable sur demande In Memory of the video game Lost Posts
Laboratoire d'Idées Vidéoludique

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A day in the life of a Makoto player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Memory of the video game Lost Posts Forum Index >>> Choose the difficulty >>> Normal level
Previous topic :: Next topic  
rabesandratan
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 27 Feb - 17:28 (2011)    Post subject: A day in the life of a Makoto player Reply with quote

CharlieKun wrote:
Theres 2 ways to do tier lists.

The first is by using a points system and looking at each character and breaking them down by the amount of advantages/disadvantages they have when in a match against each and every other character.

The 2nd (and the method I dont agree with) is by just analyzing what each character can do and listing them by how good they are. i.e, akuma can do fireballs in the air, can teleport, lots of juggle combos, etc so that makes him good” thats not a good way to do it.

The first method is actually accurate because people can sit down and say “lets have a look at Ryu and have him face off against the rest of the cast. then we will right down the pros&cons of each match and study why each match was easy/hard depending on ryus and the opponents abilities.
This method is also considered that the two players are of a high level and that they know their characters inside and out. frame data, poke range, kara-techniques, all that stuff.

People can say what they will, but no one with a brain that works should argue that Zangief will forever have a hard time against Akuma because Akuma has soo many tools to keep Zangief out of close range. Plus, Akuma can move in, do high damage and escape again, all with relative ease. Zangief has this issue with alot of characters, so this places him in mid tier. (i think thats where he is) and i would not argue against that because yes, he can beat every character in the game if u really try but lets not pretend its highly difficult for him to beat his tough match ups if the opponent is on top of his game and not making any school boy errors
Watch Tokido vs Vangief for an insight into how a high level Akuma/Gief match looks like.

People shouldnt look at tier lists and say “oh well i only lost because my character is low tier” because yes, in the end, human Skill generally beats tiers, but there are some match ups clear as day that are extremely far from being even.

Makoto’s issue as I said, is that she relies too much on guessing and its so easy to avoid her traps. People who lose to Makoto just dont know how to avoid them. If i was to beat someone 10-0 and tell them the ways in which they can avoid karakusa grab, i’d probably end up losing the next 10 games.

Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 27 Feb - 17:28 (2011)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    In Memory of the video game Lost Posts Forum Index >>> Choose the difficulty >>> Normal level All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Create a forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation